Learn the therapeutic application of sound and how it can be used as a tool for meditation, led by Sound Therapist and meditation teacher, Sara Auster.
Sound can bring balance, relaxation and a sense of wholeness to the body and mind. The experience of a sound bath can be helpful for anyone who wants to connect to a moment of relaxation or access the benefits of meditation. It is an opportunity to explore what a meditative state is and how it feels.
Come discover how to incorporate and integrate sound into your existing practices. Learn how singing bowls, tuning forks* and vocal toning can positively effect physical and mental states. This AllGoodSounds Immersion is open to all levels of experience.
Weekend Immersion will include:
Intro to Therapeutic Properties of Sound
Vocal Practices & Deep Listening
Singing Bowl Techniques
Presentation of Biosonics Tuning Forks
Hands on practice with instruments
*Biosonics Tuning forks will be available for purchase.
If you would like to host a Sound Mo(ve)ments Immersion weekend in your city please inquire here:
AGS SOUND PRACTITIONER TRAINING at MNDFL NYC
STAY TUNED FOR FALL 2018 DATES
5 MONTHS. 125 HOURS. REAL TRAINING.
We are offering a 5 month, 125 hour sound practitioner training program that will give you the necessary knowledge and experience to facilitate sound meditation classes and sound baths.
The 5 month curriculum includes access to five weekend retreats, a six part series of in-depth workshops and unlimited classes at MNDFL. Workshops include guided practice sessions with Sara and guest lecturers, guidance on how to facilitate private and group sound sessions, and lots of room for your own exploration of how to integrate sound into your current practices and teaching.
CURRICULUM (YEP, 125 HOURS IN IV PARTS)
I. An introduction to sound as a tool for meditation presented by Sara Auster and guest teachers. Topics will include:
- Therapeutic Properties of Sound
- Nada Yoga
- Mantra and Vocal Practices
- Deep Listening
- Instruments used to facilitate Sound Bath Meditations
II. A thorough exploration into facilitating sound meditations, as taught directly by Sara and guest teachers
III. The ethics and conduct of facilitating sound experiences, how to craft and deliver instruction, as taught by Sara and special guests
IV. Sound Practitioner Labs: you facilitate practice sessions in a supportive community and receive feedback from peers and experienced practitioners
Specific details on what happens when, in DATES below.
REQUIREMENTS (CHECK, CHECK, CHECK)
- Completed Application - DUE DATE: January 20th, 2017 (applications received on a rolling basis until then)
- Attend 5 sound classes at M N D F L (or more!) or elsewhere
- 1 year or more experience as a certified meditation or yoga instructor or consistent meditation or musical practice (the more experience in this regard, the more likely you'll be accepted)
- Interview with Sara Auster
- Full attendance in the program (have to miss something? we get it! everything will be recorded but there aren't make up classes with the teacher in-person)
- Daily practice (you're expected to develop an at home sound practice every day)
- Completion of weekly readings and homework (one to two chapters per week)
DATES (NO HOLIDAYS, WE SWEAR)
Tuesday evening WORKSHOPS 7:15-9:15pm:
- Guided meditation
- Talks by the teachers
- Practice sessions by participants
• Introduction to Sound as Therapy and Deep Listening, Structure of a Sound Bath Meditation w/ Sara and Guest Teacher Katie Down, MT-BC, LCAT
• The Science of Sound, Cymatics and Intro to Singing Bowls w/ Sara and Guest Teacher Wendy Young, Princeton University Music Department
• How to Develop your own unique Sound practice w/ Sara and Guest Teachers: Grammy Nominated Silvia Nakkach, founder of The Vox Mundi Project, Stephanie Rooker, Founder of Voice Journey Sound Center and Gong Master Robert Hall
• Sound in a Clinical Setting, Managing Group Dynamics and Introduction to Biosonics Tuning Forks w/ Sara and Guest Teacher John Beaulieu, ND, Ph D
• Individual Presentations
- Friday 7 pm - 9 pm
- Saturday 11 am - 6 pm
- Sunday 11 am - 6 pm
MENTOR MEETINGS: Once a month check-in with Sara.
STUDY GROUPS: We will break up into 4 or 5 smaller groups, depending on individual locations and work schedules, to meet once a month outside of Tuesday evening and weekend sessions. Groups will be responsible for assigned reading discussions and practice exercises.
FINE PRINT (CAVEAT)
Application alone does not guarantee entry. Meeting all requirements + successful interview with lead teacher = invitation to participate. We are accepting no more than 22 applicants.
Price: TBA - includes all weekend retreats, workshops, four-month membership to MNDFL, and certificate of completion. No refunds once the program has started. (sorry).
Graduating from the program does not guarantee employment at M N D F L or teaching in our corporate or school programs.